The East Carolina Pirates will get their season going when they challenge the Coppin State Eagles (0-1) at Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles vs. East Carolina Pirates Odds Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they fell to the Oregon Ducks, 70-54. Coppin State’s Dejuan Clayton put together a good game, finishing with 13 points. Oregon had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 vs. 7.9). Coppin State, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-16; 87.5 percent).
Last season, East Carolina failed to make the tournament following a 15-18 regular season.
East Carolina could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the nation. Dating back to last season, the Pirates rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.447), while Coppin State was 343rd in effective field goal percentage (0.440).
Coppin State Eagles at East Carolina Pirates Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Carolina, ATS Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Eagles rank 258th (23.1).
- Coppin State ranks 179th in steals per game (5.7) while East Carolina ranks 235th (5.1).
- East Carolina ranks 66th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Coppin State ranks 318th in rebounds allowed per game (40.4).
- The Pirates rank 17th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Eagles rank 244th (2.2).
- East Carolina ranks 97th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Coppin State ranks 240th (14.4).