The Delaware State Hornets (2-25, 0-12 MEAC), who are currently riding a 21-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Coppin State Eagles (5-23, 5-8 MEAC) to Memorial Hall. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 19, 2018.
Coppin State Eagles at Delaware State Hornets Betting Preview
The Eagles were beaten by the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats in their last contest, 89-85. Coppin State’s Chad Andrews-Fulton put up 12 points and 10 rebounds in the game. Bethune-Cookman did a fantastic job of making free throws (36-46; 78.3 percent). Coppin State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 21.4).
In the Hornets last game, they were topped by the Florida A&M Rattlers, 66-63. Marquis Collins was Delaware State’s high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Florida A&M had an effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.466). Delaware State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.100).
Delaware State appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Hornets rank 91st in offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 percent), while Coppin State ranks 308th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent).
Lamar Morgan has been exceptional over the last five games for Coppin State, averaging 17.0 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won the only contest played against each other last season, 83-75. The Eagles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.456 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. The Hornets were 0.242 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Coppin State Eagles at Delaware State Hornets ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Delaware State, ATS Winner – Delaware State, O/U – Under
- The Eagles average 5.3 steals per game, which ranks 195th in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 203rd in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Coppin State ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Delaware State ranks 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Hornets rank 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while the Eagles rank 291st (41.9).
- Coppin State ranks 174th in assists allowed per game (14.1) while Delaware State ranks 238th (15.7).
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.4, down from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (12.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average).