The Coppin State Eagles (0-3) will travel to Wolstein Center to go head-to-head against the Cleveland State Vikings (0-2) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Cleveland State Vikings Odds Preview
The Eagles lost big to the No. 12 Cincinnati Bearcats in their last game, 97-54. With 10 points on 3-for-9 shooting, Karonn Davis was Coppin States leading scorer. Cincinnati out-rebounded Coppin State. The Bearcats had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. four), defensive rebounds (36 vs. 23) and total rebounds (51 vs. 27).
In the Vikings last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 70-38. With 11 points and six rebounds, Kenny Carpenter played well for Cleveland State. Rutgers 10.3 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Cleveland State, who had a rate of 19.8.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Coppin State offense. Since last season, Coppin State ranks 233rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Cleveland State has forced the 22nd-most turnovers in the nation (22.2 percent).
Coppin State Eagles at Cleveland State Vikings ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vikings rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Eagles rank 85th (5.7).
- Cleveland State ranks 260th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7) while Coppin State ranks 315th (40.9).
- Cleveland State ranks 97th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Coppin State ranks 254th (23.1).
- The Vikings rank 170th in blocks per game (3.0) while the Eagles rank 250th (2.3).
- Cleveland State averages 10.4 assists per game, which ranks 316th in the nation. Coppin State ranks 241st in assists allowed per game (14.6).