The UMBC Retrievers (5-6) will be at home in the UMBC Event Center when they go head-to-head with the Coppin State Eagles (4-7). The game starts at 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 15, 2019.
Coppin State Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Retrievers lost to the Towson Tigers, 77-71, while the Eagles were blown out by the Davidson Wildcats, 88-52.
Coppin State had a free throw rate of 0.204 (above their season average of 0.189) while UMBC had an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.510). UMBC was led by Daniel Akin, who had 13 points and eight rebounds. Koby Thomas, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Coppin State with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Retrievers won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 71-60. The Retrievers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Eagles. UMBC had a rate of 14.6, while Coppin State posted a mark of 19.5. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Coppin State will go head-to-head against the elite defense of UMBC. The Eagles rank 330th in offensive efficiency, while the Retrievers are 95th in defensive efficiency. The Retrievers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Coppin State Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
- UMBC ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Coppin State ranks 238th (17.0).
- The Eagles rank 75th in steals per game (7.2) while the Retrievers rank 173rd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Retrievers rank 77th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while the Eagles rank 262nd (45.3).
- UMBC ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Coppin State ranks 265th in three pointers allowed per game (28.3).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Retrievers have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, UMBC has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.