The Coppin State Eagles (8-18, 4-7 MEAC) will be at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to meet the South Carolina State Bulldogs (10-12, 5-5 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Coppin State Eagles vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bulldogs beat the Delaware State Hornets 100-86, while the Eagles won a close one over the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks 68-67.
The Eagles made 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.0 (below their season average of 25.0). The Bulldogs, on the other hand, made 28 of their 39 free throws (71.8 percent) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 22.9). South Carolina State was lifted by Damani Applewhite, who contributed 24 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Brendan Medley-Bacon had a good game for Coppin State, recording 17 points and 17 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Applewhite led the Bulldogs to a 79-75 win. He recorded a double-double with 24 points and 11 rebounds. South Carolina State out-rebounded Coppin State. The Bulldogs had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. six), defensive rebounds (23 vs. 20) and total rebounds (36 vs. 26).
The aggressive South Carolina State offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. The Bulldogs currently rank 13th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.295, while Coppin State ranks 135th in FTA rate allowed (0.210).
Coppin State Eagles vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Under
- Coppin State ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while South Carolina State ranks 270th (17.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 157th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while the Eagles rank 239th (15.6).
- Coppin State ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while South Carolina State ranks 96th (3.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 77th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while the Eagles rank 291st (41.7).
- Coppin State ranks 102nd in steals per game (6.7) while South Carolina State ranks 231st (4.3).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (5.9 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 5.1 for the season.