The undefeated Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they clash with the winless Coppin State Eagles (0-4) at Louis Brown Athletic Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Free Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they got blown out by the Cleveland State Vikings, 80-56. With 20 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Dejuan Clayton led Coppin State in scoring. Cleveland State made 14 of their 32 three pointers (43.8 percent). Coppin State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 12.2).
The Scarlet Knights come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Cleveland State Vikings in their last outing, 70-38. Rutgers Corey Sanders was a key piece with 13 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Rutgers dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. Cleveland State was 19.8 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Rutgers should have a substantial advantage. Since last season, the Scarlet Knights defense ranks 36th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while the Coppin State offense ranks 348th in effective field goal percentage (0.433).
Coppin State Eagles at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rutgers, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Scarlet Knights rank 145th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while the Eagles rank 243rd (14.7).
- Rutgers averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. Coppin State ranks 95th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- Rutgers ranks ninth in rebounds per game (40.7) while Coppin State ranks 309th in rebounds allowed per game (40.8).
- The Eagles rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Scarlet Knights rank 320th (15.5).
- Rutgers ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.5) while Coppin State ranks 257th (2.2).