The Coppin State Eagles (9-20, 5-9 MEAC) will be at Hill Field House to meet the Morgan State Bears (15-14, 9-5 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Coppin State Eagles at Morgan State Bears ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Bears defeated the Delaware State Hornets 90-80, while the Eagles beat the Delaware State Hornets 98-86.
Coppin State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.439 (above their season average of 0.193) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.455). Delaware State put up marks of 0.097 and 0.549, respectively, for those same stats. The Bears, on the other hand, held the Hornets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 25.9) and had a free throw rate of 0.458 (above their season average of 0.269). Morgan State was lifted by Stanley Davis, who recorded 27 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Brendan Medley-Bacon had a good game for Coppin State, finishing with 16 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks.
In their first matchup this year, Davis led the Bears to a 50-48 win. He recorded a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. The Bears’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Eagles. Morgan State had a rate of 18.5, while Coppin State posted a mark of 20.7.
The Eagles’ Medley-Bacon has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14 rebounds,12.4 points,3.0 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Malik Miller has averaged 14 points,7.0 rebounds during that same time frame for the Bears.
Morgan State should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Bears currently rank 73rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while Coppin State is 325th in effective field goal percentage (0.461).
Coppin State Eagles at Morgan State Bears Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Under
- Coppin State ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while Morgan State ranks 265th (18.2).
- The Eagles rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bears rank 97th (3.2).
- Coppin State ranks 124th in steals per game (6.5) while Morgan State ranks 150th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bears average 39.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the country. The Eagles rank 286th in rebounds allowed per game (41.6).
- Morgan State ranks 65th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Coppin State ranks 255th (15.2).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Bears have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Morgan State has lost by an average of 0.1 points.