The Columbus Blue Jackets, fueled by Pierre-Luc Dubois and Gustav Nyquist, are preparing to take the ice against Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, and the Buffalo Sabres at the KeyBank Center in an Eastern Conference showdown. This one will get going at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13 and it’ll be televised live on MSG Western New York.
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres Odds
This matchup’s moneyline and Over/Under odds have not been posted by oddsmakers yet.
Columbus is 30-27 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 6.0 units this season. 37 of its games have gone under the total, while 19 have gone over and just one has pushed. As an away team this season, the Jackets are 12-14 SU.
Columbus has converted on just 16.6 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked sixth overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 83.2 percent of all penalties..
Averaging 25.7 saves per game with a .913 save percentage, Joonas Korpisalo (17-15-5) has been the best option in goal for Columbus this year. If Columbus decides to rest him, however, the team may go with Elvis Merzlikins (12-14-6 record, .930 save percentage, 2.19 goals against average).
On the other bench, Buffalo is 25-32 straight up (SU) and has lost 5.8 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 57 regular season matches, 29 of its games have gone under the total, while 26 have gone over and just two have pushed. It’s 16-14 SU at home this year.
The Sabres have converted on just 18.8 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s ranked 23rd in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 27th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 75.0 percent of all opponent power plays.
Linus Ullmark (28.5 saves per game) has been the top choice in the crease for the Sabres. Ullmark has 16 wins, 17 losses, and three overtime losses to his credit and has registered a .914 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average this season.
Columbus Blue Jackets at Buffalo Sabres Free Picks
NHL Tip: SU Winner – Sabres, O/U – Over
- Four of Buffalo’s last ten games have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 1-3 overall in those games.
- The Blue Jackets are 9-10 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Sabres are 9-8 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than the opposition.
- Columbus is 0-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while Buffalo is 1-2 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of Columbus’ last five outings.
- Columbus has averaged 7.2 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 9.1 giveaways per game (the 10th-fewest in the league).
- Buffalo has averaged 6.4 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 8.1 giveaways per game (ranked 7th in the league).