The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-1) get their home schedule started at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum against the Columbia Lions (0-1). The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Columbia Lions at Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Demon Deacons fell to the Boston College Eagles, 77-70, while the Lions lost a close one to the Lafayette Leopards, 65-63.
Columbia had a much better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 29.6) while Wake Forest had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 vs. 22.0). Wake Forest was lifted by Brandon Childress, who finished with 24 points and seven assists. Mike Smith had a good game for Columbia, recording 22 points.
The aggressive Wake Forest offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Demon Deacons rank 49th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.271, while Columbia ranks 294th in FTA rate allowed (0.265) dating back to last season.
Columbia Lions at Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Columbia ranks 36th in assists per game (15.5) while Wake Forest ranks 293rd (10.7).
- The Lions rank 127th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Demon Deacons rank 244th (20.4).
- Columbia ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while Wake Forest ranks 245th (4.4).
- The Lions rank 34th in steals per game (7.7) while the Demon Deacons rank 279th (4.8).
- Wake Forest averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. Columbia ranks 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).