The Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0) will be at home in Bryce Jordan Center when they meet the Columbia Lions (1-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147.5 points with Penn State set as a 13-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Columbia Lions vs. Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview
The Lions defeated the Longwood Lancers in their last contest, 87-77. With 12 points and 16 rebounds, Columbias Lukas Meisner played well. The Lions had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 9.1) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.603 vs. 0.554).
In the Nittany Lions last matchup, they beat the Montana Grizzlies, 70-57. Penn State rallied around Lamar Stevens, who was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Nittany Lions had a much better free throw rate (0.280 vs. 0.125) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.560 vs. 0.446).
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Nittany Lions will look to push the more methodical Lions. Dating back to last season, the Nittany Lions rank 52nd in possessions per game while the Lions are 177th.
The Lions are 12-17 straight up (SU) and 11-9 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Columbia games since last season with 11 overs compared to 9 unders.
Meanwhile, the Nittany Lions, are 18-18 SU and 17-14 ATS since last season. A little over half of Penn States games have finished under the O/U total over that same time frame.
Columbia Lions at Penn State Nittany Lions Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. The Nittany Lions rank 201st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Columbia averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 198th in the nation. Penn State ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Penn State ranks 112th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Columbia ranks 309th (25.9).
- The Nittany Lions rank eighth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Lions rank 188th (2.9).
- Penn State ranks 137th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Columbia ranks 275th (15.3).