The Longwood Lancers (0-1) will be at home in Willett Hall when they clash with the Columbia Lions (0-1). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Columbia Lions at Longwood Lancers Odds Preview
The last time the Lions played, they fell to the No. 6 Villanova Wildcats, 75-60. With 19 points on 7-for-21 shooting, Mike Smith was the games high scorer. Villanova had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.2 vs. 14.7). Columbia, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.455).
The Lancers are trying to rebound after their 74-61 loss to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks in their last matchup. Isaiah Walton was Longwoods leading scorer with 21 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Stephen F. Austin won the rebounding battle. The Lumberjacks had 16 offensive rebounds and 44 total rebounds, while the Lancers had 10 and 29, respectively.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Longwood. Since last season, Longwood ranks 331st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Columbia has forced the 85th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.3 percent).
Columbia Lions at Longwood Lancers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lancers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Lions rank 172nd (3.6).
- Columbia ranks 198th in rebounds per game (34.9) while Longwood ranks 301st (30.6).
- Columbia ranks 55th in assists per game (15.4) while Longwood ranks 290th (10.9).
- The Lions average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Lancers rank 266th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Longwood ranks 149th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while Columbia ranks 312th (26.0).