The Columbia Lions (3-7) will travel to the Louis Brown Athletic Center to go head-to-head with the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-5). The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Columbia Lions vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Odds
In their last game, the Scarlet Knights won big over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 90-55, while the Lions fell to the Marist Red Foxes, 82-76.
Rutgers played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.631 and a free throw rate of 0.123. For those same stats, Fairleigh Dickinson was 0.397 and 0.079, respectively. Columbia, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-24; 70.8 percent). Eugene Omoruyi had a good outing for Rutgers with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Columbia was led by Mike Smith, who had 23 points and eight assists.
Rutgers should have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Scarlet Knights are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.9 percent. Meanwhile, Columbia ranks 173rd in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 71.8 percent. Also, the Lions rank 341st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.150), while the Scarlet Knights rank 31st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.174).
Columbia Lions at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Under
- Columbia ranks 10th in assists per game (18.7) while Rutgers ranks 154th (12.8).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 124th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Lions rank 220th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- Columbia ranks 43rd in steals per game (7.8) while Rutgers ranks 114th (6.2).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 27th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Lions rank 155th (2.2).
- Rutgers averages 40.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 20th in the country. Columbia ranks 146th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (1.0 above their season average).
- The Scarlet Knights’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 5.5 for the season.