The Dartmouth Big Green (7-14, 0-6 Ivy) welcome the Columbia Lions (6-16, 1-5 Ivy) to Edward Leede Arena. The Big Green will try to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Columbia Lions vs. Dartmouth Big Green ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Big Green got blown out by the Yale Bulldogs, 75-57, while the Lions fell to the Princeton Tigers, 81-74.
Columbia had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (above their season average of 21.1) while Dartmouth had a better effective field goal percentage (0.480 vs. 0.596). Dartmouth received a boost from James Foye, who finished with 11 points. Meanwhile, Mike Smith was a key piece for Columbia with 30 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Lions won 70-66. Columbia launched 16 three pointers, making seven of them (43.8 percent). Dartmouth was, on the other hand, just 0-17 (0.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Second-chance points might be rare for Dartmouth in this matchup. The Big Green rank 344th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.8 percent), while Columbia ranks 35th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent). Additionally, the Lions, who rank 342nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.161), will go head-to-head against the Big Green, who rank 38th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.178).
Columbia Lions at Dartmouth Big Green Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
- Dartmouth ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Columbia ranks 150th (4.0).
- The Lions rank 201st in steals per game (5.4) while the Big Green rank 239th (4.8).
- The Lions rank 119th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Big Green rank 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Dartmouth ranks 172nd in rebounds per game (35.0) while Columbia ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 55.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 4.0 for the season.