The Army West Point Black Knights (2-1) will be at home in Christl Arena when they challenge the Columbia Lions (1-2). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Columbia Lions vs. Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview
In the Lions last matchup, they lost to the Penn State Nittany Lions, 79-65. With 18 points on 7-for-22 shooting, Mike Smith was Columbias leading scorer. Penn States rebounding was their largest strength. The Nittany Lions had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 25) and total rebounds (42 vs. 33).
The Black Knights hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Marist Red Foxes in their last matchup, 94-73. With 33 points on 11-for-16 shooting, Jordan Fox was the games high scorer. Army West Point played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.632. Marist was 16.7 and 0.517, respectively, for those same stats.
This contest should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. Army West Point ranks 61st in possessions per game (72.4) while Columbia is 169th (70.0) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Additionally, put-back points could be few and far between for the Lions. They rank 255th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.5 percent, while the Black Knights have been third-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.6 percent).
The Black Knights won the only game against the Lions last season, 88-83. The Black Knights dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.234 and a turnover percentage of 12.0. For those same stats, the Lions were 0.136 and 16.3, respectively.
Columbia Lions vs. Army West Point Black Knights Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 103rd in the nation. The Black Knights rank 260th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Columbia ranks 189th in blocks per game (2.9) while Army West Point ranks 279th (1.9).
- Army West Point ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Columbia ranks 306th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Black Knights average 16.6 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. The Lions rank 276th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Army West Point averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. Columbia ranks 244th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).