The Colorado State Rams (5-8) will be at the Thomas & Mack Center to square off with the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (6-6) in a MWC matchup. The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Colorado State Rams at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Runnin’ Rebels lost to the Loyola Marymount Lions, 61-50, while the Rams had no trouble getting past the Colorado Christian Cougars, 100-66.
Colorado State dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.646. Colorado Christian put up marks of 17.1 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats. UNLV, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 28.9). Shakur Juiston had a good game for UNLV, recording 12 points and seven rebounds. Nico Carvacho was a key piece for Colorado State with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
The Runnin’ Rebels won the only contest between these two teams last season, 79-74. UNLV did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-20; 85.0 percent). Colorado State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 18.8). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for UNLV in this contest. The Runnin’ Rebels are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage at 43.3 percent. Meanwhile, Colorado State ranks 203rd in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 71.3 percent.
Colorado State vs. UNLV Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Over
- UNLV ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Colorado State ranks 227th (25.8).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 15th in rebounds per game (41.4) while the Rams rank 169th (35.2).
- UNLV ranks 34th in blocks per game (4.7) while Colorado State ranks 182nd (1.7).
- The Rams have outscored opponents by an average of 10.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Colorado State has been defeated by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.8 points per game (8.7 below their season average).