The fifth-ranked San Diego State Aztecs (26-1, 15-1 MWC) close out their home schedule at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl against the Colorado State Rams (19-10, 10-6 MWC). Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Colorado State Rams at San Diego State Aztecs Betting Odds
In their last game, the Aztecs lost a tough one against the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels, 66-63, while the Rams defeated the San Jose State Spartans, 78-71.
Colorado State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 26.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.542). For those same stats, San Jose State was 23.1 and 0.430, respectively. San Diego State, meanwhile, held UNLV to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.9 (below their season average of 35.0). San Diego State received a boost from Malachi Flynn, who finished with 24 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Nico Carvacho, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Colorado State with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Flynn led the Aztecs to a 79-57 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 23 points. San Diego State’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Aztecs had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 7), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 20) and total rebounds (40 vs. 27).
The sweet-shooting offense of San Diego State will clash against the porous defense of Colorado State. The Aztecs currently rank 17th in effective field goal percentage (0.550), while the Rams are 282nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515). The Aztecs figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Colorado State Rams at San Diego State Aztecs Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
- San Diego State ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Colorado State ranks 275th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Aztecs rank 37th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Rams rank 80th (33.3).
- San Diego State is second in the NCAA with 1.9 blocks allowed per game while Colorado State is 38th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Aztecs rank 30th in assists per game (15.1) while the Rams rank 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- San Diego State ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Colorado State ranks 107th (6.2).
- The Aztecs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, down from 16.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average).