The Oregon Ducks (5-3) will be at home in Matthew Knight Arena when they challenge the Colorado State Rams (4-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148 points with Oregon set as a 14.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Colorado State Rams vs. Oregon Ducks Odds Preview
The Rams got blown out by the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last game, 92-66. With 31 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Prentiss Nixon was the top scorer from either team. Arkansas had a turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 14.3). Colorado State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.365 (above their season average of 0.280).
In the Ducks last matchup, they were dismantled by the Boise State Broncos, 73-70. Payton Pritchard was the games high scorer with 28 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Boise State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-25; 72.0 percent). Oregon, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 16.7).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Oregon figures to have a considerable advantage. Since last season, the Ducks defense ranks 16th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.457), while the Colorado State offense ranks 296th in effective field goal percentage (0.483).
Of Colorado State’s 6 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Oregon’s 6 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (4-3 for Colorado State; 5-3 for Oregon), but the Ducks have the edge against the spread (ATS). Oregon is 3-4 ATS, while the Rams are 1-5.
Colorado State Rams at Oregon Ducks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ducks rank 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Rams rank 163rd (35.2).
- Oregon ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Colorado State ranks 70th (5.5).
- Oregon ranks 46th in assists per game (15.8) while Colorado State ranks 299th (10.9).
- The Ducks rank 87th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while the Rams rank 276th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Oregon ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.3) while Colorado State ranks 139th (3.4).