The New Mexico State Aggies (2-1) will be at home in Pan American Center when they take on the Colorado State Rams (2-0). Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Colorado State Rams vs. New Mexico State Aggies Betting Preview
The Rams defeated the Winthrop Eagles in their last contest, 80-76. With 11 points and 20 rebounds, Nico Carvacho played well for Colorado State. The Rams had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.6 vs. 17.1) and had a better free throw rate (0.200 vs. 0.143).
In the Aggies last matchup, they blew out the New Mexico Lobos, 75-56. With 28 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Zach Lofton was the games high scorer. New Mexico State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 61.0 and a free throw rate of 0.328. New Mexico was 26.5 and 0.192, respectively, for those same stats.
New Mexico State could dominate on defense as they face off against one of the nations worst offenses. Since last season, the Aggies rank 39th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while Colorado State is 278th in effective field goal percentage (0.485).
The Rams won the only game against the Aggies last season, 64-61. Colorado State made good use of their 31 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 25 of them (80.6 percent). New Mexico State, meanwhile, was 11-14 (78.6 percent).
Colorado State Rams vs. New Mexico State Aggies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank 164th in steals per game (6.0) while the Aggies rank 264th (4.8).
- New Mexico State ranks second in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while Colorado State ranks 83rd (3.0).
- New Mexico State ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Colorado State ranks 286th (24.2).
- The Aggies rank 88th in assists per game (14.8) while the Rams rank 298th (11.0).
- New Mexico State averages 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. Colorado State ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).