MWC foes will collide when the Fresno State Bulldogs (18-8, 8-5 MWC) challenge the Colorado State Rams (11-16, 4-10 MWC) at Save Mart Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Colorado State Rams vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Odds Preview
The last time the Rams played, they were victorious over the San Jose State Spartans, 90-79. Nico Carvacho was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 11-for-14 shooting. Colorado State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 16.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (below their season average of 32.2). San Jose State was 14.2 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs come in on a high note after blowing out the San Jose State Spartans in their last contest, 77-57. With 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Jaron Hopkins was the top scorer from either team. Fresno State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.4) and a free throw rate of 0.159 (matching their season average). San Jose State put up marks of 18.4 and 0.115, respectively, for those same stats.
Fresno State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the nations worst defenses. The Bulldogs currently rank 20th in offensive efficiency, while Colorado State ranks 293rd in defensive efficiency.
Carvacho has been solid over the last five games for Colorado State, averaging 12.6 points and 12.4 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 82-79. The Bulldogs dominated every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.302 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8. The Rams were 0.194 and 30.2, respectively, for those same stats. Carvacho played a big role with 10 points and 19 rebounds.
Colorado State Rams at Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Rams rank 84th (5.8).
- Colorado State ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Fresno State ranks 69th (3.0).
- Fresno State ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Colorado State ranks 278th (26.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 63rd in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Rams rank 229th (15.3).
- Fresno State ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while Colorado State ranks 170th (35.5).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, down from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).