The Colorado State Rams (6-4, 0-1 MWC) will be at Taco Bell Arena to meet the Boise State Broncos (4-3, 0-1 MWC) in a MWC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Colorado State Rams vs. Boise State Broncos Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Broncos lost a tough one against the New Mexico Lobos, 80-78, while the Rams were blown out by the San Diego State Aztecs, 79-57.
Colorado State had a better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.164) while Boise State was lights out from beyond the arc (14-28; 50.0 percent). Justinian Jessup led the way for Boise State, finishing with 24 points. Meanwhile, Nico Carvacho was a key piece for Colorado State with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Broncos took this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last matchup, Boise State won 66-57. Boise State’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Colorado State. The Broncos had a rate of 0.463, while the Rams posted a mark of 0.102.
The sweet-shooting offense of Boise State will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Colorado State. Since the 2018-19 season, the Broncos offense ranks 54th in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while the Colorado State defense ranks 285th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525). The Broncos should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Rams, who rank 291st in offensive rebounding percentage (24.6 percent), will clash against the Broncos, who rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
Colorado State at Boise State Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Boise State ranks 104th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while Colorado State ranks 251st (24.4).
- The Rams rank 263rd in rebounds per game (33.7) while the Broncos rank 304th (31.6).
- Boise State ranks 250th in blocks per game (2.0) while Colorado State ranks 260th (2.2).
- The Broncos rank 17th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Rams rank 73rd (5.8).
- Colorado State averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. Boise State ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (12.7).