The Colorado State Rams (11-18, 4-12 MWC) will travel to Lawlor Events Center to go head-to-head with the No. 20 Nevada Wolf Pack (24-5, 13-2 MWC) in their home finale. Nevada is a 17.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 156 points. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Colorado State Rams vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Free Preview
The last time the Rams played, they lost big to the Boise State Broncos, 87-54. With 12 points on 3-for-9 shooting, Deion James was Colorado State’s leading scorer. Boise State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.4 (above their season average of 28.4). Colorado State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.377 (above their season average of 0.240).
The Wolf Pack hope to maintain momentum after topping the San Jose State Spartans in their last outing, 80-67. With 30 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Kendall Stephens was the games leading scorer. Nevada dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 13.0) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (matching their season average). For those same stats, San Jose State was 17.4 and 0.161, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Nevada will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Colorado State. The Wolf Pack currently rank 14th in offensive efficiency, while the Rams are 296th in defensive efficiency. The Wolf Pack should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Colorado State’s 25 games with betting action, 15 have finished over the O/U total, while 14 of Nevada’s 28 games have finished over the projected point total. The Wolf Pack come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 24-5 SU and 14-13-1 ATS, while the Rams are 11-18 SU and 8-15-2 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 143 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 153.5. The Wolf Pack won 76-67, but were unable to cover as 12-point favorites. The Wolf Pack dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.448 and a turnover percentage of 14.3. The Rams recorded marks of 0.309 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Caleb Martin led all scorers with 26 points.
Colorado State Rams vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
- The Wolf Pack rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Rams rank 105th (6.0).
- Colorado State allows the 25th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while Nevada ranks 53rd (2.8).
- Colorado State is 3-10 ATS on the road with 10 overs and 3 unders.
- Nevada is 7-6 ATS at home with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- Nevada averages 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 29th in the NCAA. Colorado State ranks 245th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Wolf Pack average 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 75th in the nation. The Rams rank 275th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- Colorado State ranks 61st in rebounds per game (37.9) while Nevada ranks 164th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- Nevada is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colorado State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wolf Pack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 11.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).