The Colorado State Rams (17-9, 8-5 MWC) visit Arena-Auditorium to take on the Wyoming Cowboys (6-19, 1-12 MWC). The Cowboys can snap a five-game home losing streak. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Colorado State Rams vs. Wyoming Cowboys ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Cowboys were blown out by the New Mexico Lobos, 97-68, while the Rams lost a winnable game to the Utah State Aggies, 75-72.
Colorado State had a better free throw rate (0.069 vs. 0.065) while Wyoming did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (16-22; 72.7 percent). Hunter Maldonado played a key role for Wyoming with 21 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Colorado State, meanwhile, rallied around Isaiah Stevens, who had 19 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, David Roddy led the Rams to a 72-61 win. He notched a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds. Colorado State’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Rams had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. 4), defensive rebounds (32 vs. 22) and total rebounds (42 vs. 26).
Second-chance points might be rare for Wyoming in this matchup. The Cowboys are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 353rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 15.2 percent. Meanwhile, Colorado State ranks 47th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.5 percent.
Colorado State Rams at Wyoming Cowboys Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wyoming, ATS Winner – Wyoming, O/U – Under
- Colorado State ranks 21st in assists per game (15.8) while Wyoming ranks 244th (10.5).
- The Rams rank 95th in steals per game (6.8) while the Cowboys rank 116th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Wyoming is 32nd in the country with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Colorado State is 38th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Cowboys average 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. The Rams rank 254th in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- Colorado State ranks 85th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while Wyoming ranks 231st (37.2).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (matching their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (5.6 above their season average).