The Oregon State Beavers (15-9, 5-7 Pac-12) and their great offense host the 16th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes (19-6, 9-4 Pac-12) and their exceptional defense. The game begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Oregon State Beavers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Beavers won big over the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 70-51, while the Buffaloes lost to the 17th-ranked Oregon Ducks, 68-60.
Oregon State played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.275 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 14.8 (better than their season average of 14.8). Utah was 0.157 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats. Colorado, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 30.9). Oregon State was led by Ethan Thompson, who contributed 13 points and 11 assists. Meanwhile, Evan Battey played a key role for Colorado with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Thompson led the Beavers to a 76-68 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 24 points. Making free throws was one of Oregon State’s biggest strengths. They were 18-21 (85.7 percent), while the Buffaloes were 11-13 (84.6 percent).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Oregon State takes on the top-notch defense of Colorado. The Beavers rank 42nd in offensive efficiency, while the Buffaloes are 19th in defensive efficiency.
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Oregon State, O/U – Over
- Colorado ranks 79th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Oregon State ranks 229th (33.3).
- The Beavers average 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. The Buffaloes rank 192nd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Colorado ranks 186th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Oregon State ranks 254th (18.2).
- The Buffaloes rank 45th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Beavers rank 159th (13.1).
- Oregon State ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.2) while Colorado ranks 120th (3.1).
- The Beavers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (4.4 above their season average).