The Arizona State Sun Devils (9-4, 0-1 Pac-12) welcome the Colorado Buffaloes (9-4, 0-1 Pac-12) to Wells-Fargo Arena. The Sun Devils will attempt to extend their seven-game winning streak. The game will air on Pac-12 Network at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Sun Devils were victorious over the Cal State Fullerton Titans 102-94, while the Buffaloes easily got past the Drake Bulldogs 100-71.
Colorado played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.429 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6. Drake was 0.194 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Arizona State dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 and a free throw rate of 0.333. For those same stats, Cal State Fullerton was 15.6 and 0.257, respectively. Luguentz Dort played a key role for Arizona State with 28 points and nine rebounds. Namon Wright played well for Colorado, putting up 25 points and eight rebounds.
The Buffaloes captured this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the last game, Colorado won 97-85. The Buffaloes’ 29.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Sun Devils, who had a rate of 18.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Dort has been playing at a high level as of late for Arizona State, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the country’s top rebounding teams square off. The Sun Devils are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 43rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.0 percent. Meanwhile, Colorado ranks 11th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 77.5 percent. Also, the Buffaloes are among the country’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 31st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.297). The Sun Devils, meanhwile, rank 316th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.288).
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- Colorado ranks 109th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while Arizona State ranks 234th (26.8).
- The Buffaloes rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Sun Devils rank 89th (3.5).
- The Buffaloes rank ninth in assists allowed per game (9.5) while the Sun Devils rank 118th (13.6).
- Colorado ranks 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Arizona State ranks 141st (34.5).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (8.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.1 above their season average).