The 20th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes (13-3, 3-1 Pac-12) will be at Wells-Fargo Arena to square off with the Arizona State Sun Devils (10-6, 1-3 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Colorado Buffaloes at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Odds
In their last game, the Sun Devils fell to the ninth-ranked Oregon Ducks, 78-69, while the Buffaloes had no trouble getting past the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 91-52.
Colorado played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 31.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648 (above their season average of 0.496). For those same stats, Utah was 26.3 and 0.407, respectively. Arizona State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 15.8). Arizona State rallied around Remy Martin, who put up 29 points and six assists. McKinley Wright IV was a key piece for Colorado with 16 points, eight assists and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyler Bey led the Buffaloes to an 81-71 victory. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Colorado won the rebounding battle. The Buffaloes had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (36 vs. 30) and total rebounds (48 vs. 36).
Second-chance points might be rare for Arizona State in this battle. The Sun Devils rank 276th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 percent), while Colorado ranks 18th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.4 percent). Also, the Buffaloes’ 40th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.449) will face off against the Sun Devils’ 270th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.481).
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
- Colorado ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while Arizona State ranks 253rd (39.3).
- The Buffaloes rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Sun Devils rank 108th (12.2).
- Colorado blocks 3.5 opponent shots per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. Arizona State ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Sun Devils rank 38th in steals per game (8.4) while the Buffaloes rank 185th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Colorado ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Arizona State ranks 116th (21.3).
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (6.2 above their season average).
- The Buffaloes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 11.6 for the season.