Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Colgate Raiders (4-1) travel to Syracuse to play the Orange (2-2). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Colgate Raiders at Syracuse Orange ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Orange were beaten by the 13th-ranked Oregon Ducks, 80-65, while the Raiders beat the Binghamton Bearcats, 76-68.
Colgate played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.203 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (below their season average of 0.544). Binghamton was 0.091 and 0.396, respectively, for those same stats. Syracuse, meanwhile, forced Oregon into a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 12.7). Syracuse was led by Tyus Battle, who put up 17 points. Rapolas Ivanauskas played well for Colgate, recording 17 points and 12 rebounds.
The Orange won the only game between these two teams last season, 72-58. Syracuse’s 0.313 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Colgate, who had a mark of 0.039.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Syracuse ranks 346th in possessions per game (64.9) and Colgate is 301st (67.2) since last season.
Colgate Raiders vs. Syracuse Orange Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Colgate ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Syracuse ranks 298th (18.0).
- The Orange rank 14th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Raiders rank 147th (3.4).
- Colgate ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Syracuse ranks 152nd (6.2).
- The Orange rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.6) while the Raiders rank 241st (34.0).
- Colgate ranks 144th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Syracuse ranks 299th (16.0).