The Bucknell Bison (24-9, 18-2 Pat) and Colgate Raiders (19-12, 14-6 Pat) will go head-to-head at Sojka Pavilion to finish out the regular season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147 points with Bucknell opening as a 9-point favorite. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Colgate Raiders vs. Bucknell Bison Free Preview
The Raiders defeated the Holy Cross Crusaders in their last game, 62-55. Will Rayman was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Colgate played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 26.0) and a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 14.7). Holy Cross was 14.3 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bison’s last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Boston University Terriers, 90-59. With 26 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Stephen Brown was the top scorer from either team. Bucknell played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7 (above their season average of 27.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.661 (above their season average of 0.533). Boston University was 25.0 and 0.407, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Bison (ranked 38th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Raiders (301st in possessions per game). Also, the Raiders rank 45th in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Bison rank 266th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.3 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Colgate games have finished under 100.0 percent of the time, while games involving Bucknell have gone over 62.5 percent of the time. The Bison have the better straight up (SU) record (24-9 vs. 19-12), but the Raiders hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-1 vs. 4-5).
These two teams have met twice already this year, with the Bison winning both. In the most recent contest, the Raiders lost 65-64 but covered as 9.5-point underdogs. Rayman put up 10 points and 11 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 129 points, which was 22.5 points below the projected point total of 151.5 points. Bucknell’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Colgate. The Bison had a rate of 0.327, while the Raiders posted a mark of 0.264.
Colgate Raiders vs. Bucknell Bison Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- The Bison rank 36th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Raiders rank 121st (3.3).
- Bucknell ranks 97th in assists per game (14.4) while Colgate ranks 138th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Bucknell is 1-2 ATS at home, while Colgate is 2-0 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Raiders’ 2 road games, while 2 of the Bison’s 3 home games have gone over.
- Bucknell ranks 82nd in rebounds per game (36.9) while Colgate ranks 248th (32.8).
- The Raiders rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bison rank 175th (6.8).
- Bucknell ranks 47th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Colgate ranks 167th (22.1).
- Bucknell is 1-1 ATS with 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colgate is 2-0 ATS with 2 unders.
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (11.3 below their season average).