The Colgate Raiders (1-1) will travel to Newman Arena at Bartels Hall to square off with the Cornell Big Red (2-0). The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Colgate Raiders vs. Cornell Big Red ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Big Red had no trouble getting past the SUNY-Canton Roos 86-44, while the Raiders defeated the Monmouth Hawks 87-74.
The Raiders had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.580 vs. 0.439) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.4 vs. 31.6). Meanwhile, Cornell played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.514 and a turnover percentage of 15.2. SUNY-Canton was 0.262 and 23.2, respectively, for those same stats. Matt Morgan had a solid performance for Cornell, contributing 22 points. Colgate was lifted by Jordan Burns, who had 30 points, six assists and five rebounds.
The Raiders won the only game between these two teams last season, 72-61. Colgate’s 0.210 free throw rate was their largest strength over Cornell, who had a rate of 0.156.
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Big Red will look to push the slower-paced Raiders. Dating back to last season, the Big Red rank 58th in possessions per game while the Raiders are 308th. Additionally, the Raiders rank 58th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Big Red rank 317th in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.2 percent).
Colgate vs. Cornell Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Colgate averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. Cornell ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Raiders rank 115th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Big Red rank 264th (37.1).
- Colgate blocks 3.3 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 148th in the country. Cornell ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Raiders rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Big Red rank 198th (6.6).
- Cornell ranks 31st in assists per game (16.1) while Colgate ranks 195th (13.1).