The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (10-7, 3-3 SBC) will be at the College Park Center to challenge the UT Arlington Mavericks (6-11, 2-4 SBC) in a SBC matchup. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at UT Arlington Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Mavericks defeated the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 66-56, while the Chanticleers were beaten by the Texas State Bobcats, 78-66.
UT Arlington dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 15.0) and a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.207). For those same stats, Appalachian State was 18.4 and 0.200, respectively. Coastal Carolina, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 25.0). David Azore played a pivotal role for UT Arlington with 25 points and five rebounds. DeVante’ Jones had a good game for Coastal Carolina, finishing with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
The Mavericks dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent matchup, UT Arlington won 74-54. UT Arlington had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.468 vs. 0.258). Coastal Carolina, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 15.5). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The high-octane offense of Coastal Carolina (40th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 110.3) will battle against the mid-tier defense of UT Arlington (204th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 99.4). The Chanticleers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UT Arlington Mavericks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Over
- UT Arlington averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 45th in the country. Coastal Carolina ranks 256th in three pointers allowed per game (27.9).
- The Mavericks rank 82nd in assists per game (14.4) while the Chanticleers rank 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while UT Arlington ranks 100th (3.5).
- The Chanticleers average 41.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. The Mavericks rank 211th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 44th in steals per game (8.2) while UT Arlington ranks 189th (5.4).
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average).
- The Chanticleers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 7.3 for the season.