The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (1-0) will travel to Montagne Center to challenge the Lamar Cardinals (1-0) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Lamar Cardinals ATS Preview
In the Chanticleers last contest, they dismantled the Piedmont International Bruins, 102-50. Zac Cuthbertson was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Coastal Carolina played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1. Piedmont International put up marks of 0.046 and 14.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cardinals will look to keep it rolling after beating the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in their last contest, 74-67. Lamar rallied around Colton Weisbrod, who contributed 15 points and 13 rebounds. The Cardinals had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 12.5) and had a better turnover percentage (19.0 vs. 19.7).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Coastal Carolina. Since last season, Coastal Carolina ranks 141st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Lamar has forced the 17th-most turnovers in the nation (22.7 percent).
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Lamar Cardinals Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Coastal Carolina, ATS Winner – Coastal Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Chanticleers rank 133rd in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while the Cardinals rank 251st (4.4).
- Lamar ranks 127th in assists per game (14.1) while Coastal Carolina ranks 238th (12.2).
- Lamar ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Coastal Carolina ranks 320th (28.1).
- The Chanticleers rank eighth in rebounds per game (40.7) while the Cardinals rank 187th (35.3).
- Lamar ranks 19th in steals per game (8.0) while Coastal Carolina ranks 157th (6.0).