The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (8-9, 2-3 SBC) will be at the Jack Stephens Center to go head-to-head against the Little Rock Trojans (7-12, 2-4 SBC) in a SBC matchup. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Little Rock Trojans Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Trojans were beaten by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 82-73, while the Chanticleers defeated the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 89-72.
Coastal Carolina played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (below their season average of 32.1) and a turnover percentage of 16.7 (better than their season average of 18.0). For those same stats, Appalachian State had marks of 20.0 and 20.2, respectively. Little Rock, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 20.2). Little Rock’s Markquis Nowell played well, contributing 21 points and seven assists. Coastal Carolina, meanwhile, was led by Zac Cuthbertson, who had 24 points and seven rebounds.
The Chanticleers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last matchup, Coastal Carolina won 65-60. One of Coastal Carolina’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 34 trips to the line, while Little Rock went 22 times. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The aggressive Little Rock offense might be living from the free throw line in this showdown. The Trojans currently rank 36th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.290, while Coastal Carolina ranks 299th in FTA rate allowed (0.273).
Coastal Carolina vs. Little Rock ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Little Rock, ATS Winner – Little Rock, O/U – Under
- Coastal Carolina ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Little Rock ranks 148th (35.2).
- The Trojans rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Chanticleers rank 78th (3.2).
- Little Rock ranks 127th in steals per game (6.1) while Coastal Carolina ranks 139th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Chanticleers average 20.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 200th in the nation. The Trojans rank 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 157th in assists per game (13.0) while Little Rock ranks 202nd in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Chanticleers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (5.8 below their season average).