It will be a matchup between two great offenses when the Georgia State Panthers (17-9, 10-5 SBC) clash against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (13-13, 6-9 SBC) at GSU Sports Arena. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Georgia State Panthers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Panthers defeated the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 76-65, while the Chanticleers were beaten by the Georgia Southern Eagles, 79-69.
The Panthers had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.511) and held the Mountaineers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 28.9). Coastal Carolina, on the other hand, held Georgia Southern to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.8 (below their season average of 27.2). Georgia State rallied around Justin Roberts, who had 17 points. Tommy Burton, meanwhile played well for Coastal Carolina, finishing with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, DeVante’ Jones led the Chanticleers to a 74-72 win. He scored a game-high 23 points. One of Coastal Carolina’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 26 trips to the line, while Georgia State went just 14 times.
There should be plenty of transition action in this matchup that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-paced teams. Georgia State currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (73.7) and Coastal Carolina is 34th (73.3). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Chanticleers, which ranks 303rd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Panthers, which forces the 46th-most turnovers in the country (22.4 percent).
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Georgia State Panthers Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Under
- Coastal Carolina averages 40.7 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the nation. Georgia State ranks 235th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Panthers average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 49th in the nation. The Chanticleers rank 197th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Georgia State ranks 39th in blocks per game (4.4) while Coastal Carolina ranks 132nd (2.9).
- The Panthers rank 102nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Chanticleers rank 269th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- Georgia State ranks 28th in steals per game (8.3) while Coastal Carolina ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).
- The Chanticleers have been outscored by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Coastal Carolina has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.