It will be a meeting between two sensational offenses when the Georgia Southern Eagles (15-10, 9-5 SBC) go head-to-head with the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (13-12, 6-8 SBC) at W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Georgia Southern Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Eagles defeated the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns 86-79, while the Chanticleers beat the UT Arlington Mavericks 89-75.
Coastal Carolina played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 18.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 36.2). For those same stats, UT Arlington was 17.7 and 21.2, respectively. Georgia Southern, meanwhile, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.223) and a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 15.1). Louisiana was 0.217 and 17.9, respectively, for those same stats. Georgia Southern was led by Ike Smith, who put up 25 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, DeVante’ Jones led the way for Coastal Carolina, contributing 20 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Jackson led the Eagles to a 70-67 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. Georgia Southern’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Coastal Carolina. The Eagles had a rate of 0.492 while the Chanticleers posted a mark of 0.451.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this contest that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Georgia Southern ranks 45th in possessions per game (72.8) and Coastal Carolina is 36th (73.1). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Chanticleers. They rank 304th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent), while the Eagles force the 41st-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.5 percent).
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Under
- Georgia Southern ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Coastal Carolina ranks 277th in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- The Eagles rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Chanticleers rank 82nd (3.1).
- Coastal Carolina averages 13.4 assists per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. Georgia Southern ranks 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Chanticleers rank 17th in rebounds per game (40.2) while the Eagles rank 250th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- Georgia Southern averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 38th in the country. Coastal Carolina ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Chanticleers have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Coastal Carolina has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).