The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (13-16, 7-9 SBC) will travel to Convocation Center to clash against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (10-18, 5-10 SBC) in their home finale. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149 points with Coastal Carolina opening as a 1-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Arkansas State Red Wolves Free Preview
The last time the Chanticleers played, they defeated the Little Rock Trojans, 65-60. With 14 points and seven rebounds, Coastal Carolina’s Tyrell Gumbs-Frater played well. Coastal Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.451 (above their season average of 0.271) and a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 18.7). For those same stats, Little Rock had marks of 0.212 and 15.1, respectively.
The Red Wolves hope to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last matchup, 82-79. With 24 points on 9-for-17 shooting, Rashad Lindsey led Arkansas State in scoring. The Red Wolves had an absurd free throw rate of 0.323 (above their season average of 0.230), while the Mountaineers had a turnover percentage of 20.4 (above their season average of 16.4).
Look for Coastal Carolina to own the offensive glass in this meeting. The Chanticleers are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.4 percent. Meanwhile, Arkansas State ranks 293rd in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 68.4 percent.
Of Coastal Carolina’s 23 games with betting action, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 15 of Arkansas State’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. The Chanticleers have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (13-16 vs. 10-18), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Coastal Carolina is 10-11-2 ATS, while Arkansas State is 10-14 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 109 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 148. The Chanticleers won 62-47, covering as 8-point favorites. The Chanticleers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.214 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7. For those same stats, the Red Wolves were 0.074 and 24.5, respectively. Artur Labinowicz recorded a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Coastal Carolina, ATS Winner – Coastal Carolina, O/U – Over
- The Red Wolves rank 78th in steals per game (6.9) while the Chanticleers rank 176th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 175th in assists per game (13.1) while Arkansas State ranks 262nd (10.8).
- Arkansas State is 3-6 ATS at home, while Coastal Carolina is 6-4-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Chanticleers 11 road games, while 8 of the Red Wolves 9 home games have gone over.
- Coastal Carolina ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (38.8) while Arkansas State ranks 230th (33.6).
- The Red Wolves rank 64th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Chanticleers rank 253rd (24.8).
- Coastal Carolina ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Arkansas State ranks 120th (3.6).
- Arkansas State is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Coastal Carolina is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Red Wolves average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Chanticleers have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).