The Youngstown State Penguins (8-22, 6-11 Hor) and Cleveland State Vikings (8-22, 5-12 Hor) will face off at Beeghly Physical Education Center to close out the regular season. Youngstown State opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 153 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Cleveland State Vikings at Youngstown State Penguins ATS Preview
In the Vikings last contest, they fell to the Wright State Raiders, 72-63. Cleveland State’s Kenny Carpenter put up 14 points in the contest. Wright State did a terrific job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Cleveland State, on the other hand, held the Raiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 29.1).
The Penguins are trying to rebound after their 70-51 loss to the Northern Kentucky Norse in their last contest. Cameron Morse was Youngstown State’s high scorer with 11 points on 5-for-17 shooting. Northern Kentucky did an excellent job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent). Youngstown State, meanwhile, forced the Norse into a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above their season average of 15.4).
Youngstown State could own the offensive glass in this matchup. The Penguins are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 17th in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.5 percent. Meanwhile, Cleveland State ranks 327th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 66.8 percent.
Of Cleveland State’s 27 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 14 of Youngstown State’s 27 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have disastrous straight up (SU) records (8-22 for Cleveland State; 8-22 for Youngstown State), but the Vikings hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Cleveland State is 13-12-2 ATS, while the Penguins are 12-15.
Morse has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Youngstown State, averaging 20.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 157 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 152. The Penguins won 80-77, covering as 8-point underdogs. Youngstown State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.0 vs. 24.2). Cleveland State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 21.2). In the loss, Bobby Word led all scorers on the team with 24 points.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Youngstown State Penguins Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Under
- The Vikings rank 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while the Penguins rank 82nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.3).
- Youngstown State ranks 72nd in blocks per game (3.9) while Cleveland State ranks 91st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- On the road, Cleveland State is 10-6 ATS with 8 unders, 7 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Youngstown State is 5-3 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Youngstown State ranks 117th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Cleveland State ranks 291st (29.6).
- The Vikings rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Penguins rank 177th (7.1).
- Youngstown State ranks 136th in assists per game (13.8) while Cleveland State ranks 235th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Youngstown State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland State is 3-1-1 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Penguins average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (1.4 above their season average).