The Cleveland State Vikings (9-16, 5-7 Hor) will be at the Athletics Center Orena to meet the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (8-17, 3-9 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Golden Grizzlies fell to the Wright State Raiders, 83-71, while the Vikings were defeated by the Youngstown State Penguins, 67-55.
Cleveland State had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 17.2) while Oakland had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 18.4). Tray Maddox Jr. played well for Oakland, finishing with 15 points. Cleveland State, meanwhile, rallied around Algevon Eichelberger, who put up 21 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Xavier Hill-Mais led the Golden Grizzlies to a 68-55 victory. He put up 15 points and seven rebounds. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Oakland’s biggest advantages. They had 37 free throw attempts, while Cleveland State had 27.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Oakland. Oakland ranks 296th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Cleveland State forces the 77th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.4 percent). Furthermore, the Vikings, who rank 16th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.290), will face a difficult challenge against the Golden Grizzlies, who rank 45th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.180).
Cleveland State at Oakland Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Under
- Cleveland State ranks 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Oakland ranks 298th (27.5).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 133rd in the NCAA. The Vikings rank 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Oakland ranks 137th in blocks per game (2.9) while Cleveland State ranks 166th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- The Vikings average 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 167th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Oakland ranks 130th in assists per game (13.3) while Cleveland State ranks 233rd (11.0).
- The Golden Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (6.3 below their season average).