The Cleveland State Vikings (5-11, 0-3 Hor) head to Resch Center to go head-to-head against the Green Bay Phoenix (8-7, 2-0 Hor). The Vikings can snap a six-game road losing streak. The game will air on ESPN 3 at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Green Bay Phoenix Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Phoenix easily got past the Wisconsin Lutheran Warriors, 110-54, while the Vikings got blown out by the Davidson Wildcats, 83-63.
Green Bay dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.592. Wisconsin Lutheran was 33.4 and 0.379, respectively, for those same stats. Cleveland State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.244 vs. 0.139). Green Bay’s Tank Hemphill led the way, recording 13 points. Meanwhile, Rashad Williams was a key piece for Cleveland State with 15 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Phoenix won the most recent game 66-44. Green Bay out-rebounded Cleveland State. The Phoenix had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 23) and total rebounds (43 vs. 31). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Sandy Cohen III has been playing at a high level recently for Green Bay, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Green Bay should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Green Bay ranks 12th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.2 percent), while Cleveland State forces the 41st-fewest turnovers (16.6 percent).
Cleveland State at Green Bay Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Over
- Cleveland State ranks 80th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Green Bay ranks 260th in rebounds allowed per game (41.7).
- The Phoenix rank 52nd in assists per game (15.7) while the Vikings rank 181st in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Vikings average 26.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 43rd in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 218th in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- Green Bay ranks 21st in steals per game (8.7) while Cleveland State ranks 191st (4.7).
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 87.0 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (6.7 below their season average).
- The Vikings have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Cleveland State has been defeated by an average of 1.7 points.