The Cleveland State Vikings (9-17, 5-8 Hor) will be at Calihan Hall to go head-to-head against the Detroit Titans (6-20, 4-9 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Detroit Titans ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Titans fell to the Youngstown State Penguins, 76-72, while the Vikings were defeated by the Oakland Golden Grizzlies, 79-74.
Cleveland State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.447) while Detroit had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.5 (above their season average of 29.2). Detroit’s Antoine Davis played well, finishing with 34 points and five assists. Algevon Eichelberger, meanwhile fueled Cleveland State with 28 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Craig Beaudion led the Vikings to a 64-59 win. He scored a game-high 17 points. Cleveland State’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Detroit. The Vikings had a rate of 0.255, while the Titans posted a mark of 0.152.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Detroit. Detroit ranks 199th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Cleveland State forces the 78th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.3 percent).
Cleveland State vs. Detroit Odds Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Over
- Detroit ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Cleveland State ranks 299th (12.4).
- The Titans rank 112th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Vikings rank 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Detroit averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 133rd in the NCAA. Cleveland State ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Vikings rank 42nd in steals per game (7.9) while the Titans rank 168th (5.7).
- Cleveland State ranks 165th in assists allowed per game (13.3) while Detroit ranks 257th (17.2).
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Vikings have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Cleveland State has been defeated by an average of 7.7 points.