The Cleveland State Vikings (7-12, 3-3 Hor) will be at BB&T Arena to challenge the Northern Kentucky Norse (13-6, 5-2 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Odds
In their last game, the Norse won big over the Youngstown State Penguins, 88-63, while the Vikings were beaten by the Wright State Raiders, 75-62.
The Norse had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.529) and had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 18.0). Cleveland State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.2 (above their season average of 29.9). Tyler Sharpe had a solid performance for Northern Kentucky with 33 points. Cleveland State, meanwhile, was led by Algevon Eichelberger, who recorded 13 points and 10 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Vikings won the most recent matchup 83-77. Cleveland State’s 0.585 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Northern Kentucky, who had a mark of 0.483. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Northern Kentucky should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Norse rank 57th in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while Cleveland State ranks 225th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499).
Cleveland State Vikings at Northern Kentucky Norse Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Northern Kentucky ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Cleveland State ranks 284th (13.2).
- The Norse rank 51st in steals per game (8.1) while the Vikings rank 171st in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Northern Kentucky averages 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 117th in the nation. Cleveland State ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Norse rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Vikings rank 148th (5.2).
- Northern Kentucky averages 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. Cleveland State ranks 180th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).