Expect a shootout when the Cleveland Cavaliers (3-5) and the Washington Wizards (4-3) face off at Capital One Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The Cavaliers were beaten by the Indiana Pacers, 124-107, in their last outing. Cleveland’s LeBron James had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 33 points on 14-for-22 shooting. Indiana had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 13.5). Cleveland, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent).
The Wizards are hoping to rebound after their 122-116 loss to the Phoenix Suns in their last outing. Bradley Beal was the game’s high scorer with 40 points on 12-for-25 shooting. Phoenix did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (31-38; 81.6 percent). Washington, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 23.5).
Getting to the line could be scarce for Washington in this meeting. The Wizards rank 21st in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.205, while Cleveland ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.175) since the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Cavaliers rank second in effective field goal percentage (0.551), while the Wizards rank 24th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.524).
Games involving Cleveland have gone over 50.0 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Washington’s games have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wizards have a substantial advantage. They are 4-3 SU and 3-4 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 3-5 SU and 1-7 ATS.
The Cavaliers won two out of three meetings against the Wizards last season. In the most recent game, the Cavaliers won 105-94. The Cavaliers played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.221 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5. The Wizards were 0.172 and 22.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cavaliers rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while the Wizards rank 20th (25.2).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Washington ranks 12th (4.6).
- Washington ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (44.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th (40.4).
- Cleveland is 23-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Washington is 21-3.
- The Cavaliers are 64-21 when they reach the century mark, while the Wizards are 56-31.
- The Wizards rank fourth in fast break points per game (15.9) while the Cavaliers rank 15th (12.4).
- Washington ranks third in steals per game (8.4) while Cleveland ranks last (6.6).
- The Wizards average 23.7 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Cavaliers rank 29th in assists allowed per game (25.0).
- The Cavaliers rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2) while the Wizards rank 27th (13.8).
- Washington ranks third in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Cleveland ranks 23rd (15.1).