The Cleveland Cavaliers (5-19) visit AT&T Center to clash with the San Antonio Spurs (9-14). The Cavaliers will try to put an end to their eight-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 12, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last outing. The Spurs (4.5-point favorites) defeated the Sacramento Kings, 105-104, while the Cavaliers (13-point favorites) fell to the Houston Rockets, 116-110. The San Antonio game finished 5 points under the projected point total of 214, while the Cleveland game finished 10 points over the projected point total of 216.
San Antonio’s 0.484 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Sacramento, who had a mark of 0.436. The Spurs’ mark was below their season average of 0.517, while the Kings’ was below their season average of 0.518. Cleveland, meanwhile, was en fuego from beyond the arc (13-32; 40.6 percent). LaMarcus Aldridge played well for San Antonio with 19 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Cleveland was led by Kevin Love, who finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
The Spurs dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last matchup, San Antonio won 112-90. San Antonio had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 20.8). Cleveland, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Oddsmakers are known to place the total high when the Cavaliers are involved, as 56.5 percent of their games have gone under the total. Cleveland heads into the game with records of 5-19 straight up (SU) and 8-13-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Spurs’ 23 games, 12 have finished over the total. Moreover, San Antonio owns records of 9-14 SU and 5-17-1 ATS.
There’s a decent chance that Cleveland struggles to create turnovers. San Antonio ranks sixth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent), while Cleveland forces the sixth-fewest turnovers (13.2 percent).
Cavaliers at Spurs Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- San Antonio ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.7) while Cleveland ranks last (3.2).
- The Spurs rank 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.7) while the Cavaliers rank last (52.0).
- San Antonio ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Cleveland ranks 25th (8.4).
- Cleveland ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while San Antonio ranks 29th (26.1).
- The Spurs rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.1) while the Cavaliers rank 21st (18.1).
- The Spurs rank 10th in fast break points per game (14.0) while the Cavaliers rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (14.5).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in assists per game (24.6) while Cleveland ranks 28th (20.7).
- Cleveland is 2-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while San Antonio is 1-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Spurs are 9-11 and the Cavaliers are 5-10.
- Cleveland is 4-6-1 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 3-10 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Spurs’ 13 home games, while 6 of the Cavaliers’ 11 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and San Antonio have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Spurs are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 22.8, up from 10.6 for the season.