The New York Knicks (2-7) will be 2-point favorites at home in Madison Square Garden when they clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers (3-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Cleveland Cavaliers at New York Knicks ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Knicks (10.5-point underdogs) defeated the Dallas Mavericks 106-102, while the Cavaliers (5-point underdog) beat the Washington Wizards 113-100. The New York game went 7 points under the projected point total of 215, while the Cleveland game finished 20 points under the projected point total of 233.
Cleveland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.191) and a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 12.2). Washington put up marks of 0.031 and 15.4, respectively, for those same stats. The Knicks, meanwhile, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 24.5). The Mavericks had a free throw rate of 0.156 (below their season average of 0.228). New York’s Marcus Morris led the way, recording 29 points and nine rebounds. Cleveland rallied around Tristan Thompson, who recorded 21 points and 12 rebounds.
The Cavaliers dominated this series last year, securing victories in all three contests. In the last matchup, Cleveland won 125-118. Cleveland did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (29-36; 80.6 percent). New York, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (7.1 vs. 10.3).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Cavaliers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Cleveland holds records of 3-5 straight up (SU) and 4-2-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Knicks’ 9 games, 7 have finished under the total. Although New York has a difficult time winning games outright (2-7 SU), they are 5-4 ATS.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. New York ranks 22nd in possessions per game (101.7) and Cleveland is 30th (98.9) since the 2018-19 season.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Cavaliers are 28th in the NBA with 20.8 assists per game while the Knicks are 29th with 20.0 assists per game.
- Cleveland ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (44.2) while New York ranks 25th (47.4).
- The Cavaliers rank 24th in points in the paint per game (44.7) while the Knicks rank 29th (43.6).
- New York ranks 22nd in steals per game (6.9) while Cleveland ranks 26th (6.5).
- Cleveland averages 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. New York ranks 17th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Knicks rank 14th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (2.6).
- The Knicks rank 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.0) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (14.2).
- New York ranks fifth in fast break points allowed per game (12.1) while Cleveland ranks 17th (14.0).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, New York is 5-2 and Cleveland is 7-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Cavaliers are 20-37 and the Knicks are 18-41.