The Cleveland Cavaliers (15-40) will travel to AmericanAirlines Arena to take on the Miami Heat (35-20). The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Miami Heat ATS Odds
In the Cavaliers’ last game, they defeated the Washington Wizards, 113-108, covering as 3-point favorites. The Heat, on the other hand, were topped by the Atlanta Hawks, 129-124, and failed to cover as 6-point underdogs. The Cleveland game finished 13.5 points under the projected point total of 234.5, while the Miami game went 24 points over the projected point total of 229.
The Cavaliers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.517, had a superb mark of 0.599, while the Wizards had a free throw rate of 0.160 (below their season average of 0.205). Miami, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 20.7). Bam Adebayo played well for Miami with 28 points, 19 rebounds and seven assists. Cedi Osman had a good outing for Cleveland, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds.
The Heat have won both matchups against the Cavaliers this year. The two teams combined to put up 224 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 213. Miami won 124-100, covering as a 10-point favorite. One of Miami’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 31 free throw attempts, while Cleveland had 16. Kevin Love finished with 25 points and 13 rebounds.
Of the Cavaliers’ 54 games that accepted bets, 29 have finished over the total. Cleveland comes into the game with records of 15-40 straight up (SU) and 23-29-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total low when the Heat are involved, as 32 of their 54 games have gone over the total. Further, Miami owns records of 35-20 SU and 28-25-2 ATS.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Miami should have a substantial advantage. The sweet-shooting Heat offense ranks fifth in the league in that metric at 0.544, while the porous Cleveland defense is ranked 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.558). Furthermore, the Cavaliers, who rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.6 percent), will face a tough challenge against the Heat, who rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (79.8 percent).
Cavaliers at Heat Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
- The Heat rank 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.6) while the Cavaliers rank last (13.9).
- Miami ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Cleveland ranks last (6.3).
- The Cavaliers rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.7) while the Heat rank 26th (11.9).
- Miami ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (7.6) while Cleveland ranks 29th (9.2).
- Miami averages 25.4 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (25.9).
- The Heat rank sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.8) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (54.4).
- The Cavaliers rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (33.0) while the Heat rank 27th (37.7).
- Miami is third in the league with 42.2 rebounds allowed per game while Cleveland is fifth with 43.1 rebounds allowed per game.
- Miami ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.5) while Cleveland ranks 25th (14.9).
- Miami is 7-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Cleveland is 4-3.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Heat are 34-14 and the Cavaliers are 14-27.
- Miami is 16-8-1 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 13-11-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Cavaliers’ 25 road games, while 16 of the Heat’s 25 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Miami have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cavaliers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Heat are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 113.8 points per game (7.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.8 points per game (3.9 above their season average).
- The Heat have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.