The Denver Nuggets (26-11) will be at home in the Pepsi Center when they clash against the Cleveland Cavaliers (11-27). The game will air on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Nuggets (4.5-point underdogs) defeated the Dallas Mavericks 107-106, while the Cavaliers (7.5-point underdog) beat the Detroit Pistons 115-112. The Denver game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5, while the Cleveland game finished 6.5 points over the projected point total of 220.5.
Cleveland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.154 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.555 (above their season average of 0.511). Detroit was 0.102 and 0.520, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Denver’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Dallas. The Nuggets had a rate of 22.0 (below their season average of 24.9), while the Mavericks posted a mark of 17.1 (below their season average of 24.3). Denver was lifted by Nikola Jokic, who finished with 33 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Tristan Thompson fueled Cleveland with 35 points and 14 rebounds.
The Nuggets dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent contest, Denver won 124-102. Denver won the rebounding battle. The Nuggets had 12 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds, while the Cavaliers had five and 28, respectively. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Cavaliers games, with 20 overs compared to 18 unders. Cleveland heads into the contest with records of 11-27 straight up (SU) and 16-20-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Nuggets’ 37 games, 21 have finished under the projected point total. Denver has an excellent 26-11 SU record, but they struggle covering the spread (14-18-5 ATS).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams clash. Denver currently ranks 27th in possessions per game (100.3) and Cleveland is 22nd (101.4).
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank 24th in fast break points per game (11.5) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (10.6).
- Denver ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while Cleveland ranks last (19.8).
- The Nuggets rank seventh in steals allowed per game (7.1) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (8.8).
- Denver ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while Cleveland ranks 28th (6.7).
- Cleveland ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (31.5) while Denver ranks 26th (29.8).
- The Nuggets average 26.3 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 28th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- The Nuggets rank seventh in second chance points per game (14.0) while the Cavaliers rank 16th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Denver ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (50.1) while Cleveland ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.7).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 4-3 and Denver is 10-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Nuggets are 24-7 and the Cavaliers are 10-17.
- Cleveland is 8-9-1 ATS on the road, while Denver is 6-10-3 ATS at home.
- Of the Cavaliers’ 18 road games, they have 10 overs and 8 unders.
- In 19 home games, the Nuggets have 12 unders and 7 overs.
- The Nuggets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Denver has 4 overs and 1 under, while Cleveland has 5 overs.
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 3.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).