The Dallas Mavericks (2-10) will be at home in American Airlines Center when they clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers (5-7). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 219.5 points with Cleveland opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Dallas Mavericks Free Preview
In the Cavaliers’ last game, they lost to the Houston Rockets, 117-113. With 33 points on 15-for-24 shooting, LeBron James led Cleveland in scoring. Houston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 20.1). Cleveland, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (12-27; 44.4 percent).
The Mavericks will look to maintain momentum after topping the Washington Wizards in their last game, 113-99. Dallas rallied around Harrison Barnes, who was the game’s high scorer with 31 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Dallas dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.4 (above their season average of 19.0) and a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 13.8). For those same stats, Washington was 6.7 and 14.4, respectively.
Cleveland could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense goes up against one of the NBA’s worst defenses. The Cavaliers rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Dallas ranks 28th in defensive efficiency.
Of Cleveland’s 12 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Dallas’ 12 games have finished under the O/U total. The Cavaliers have the better straight up (SU) record (5-7 vs. 2-10), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Cleveland is 3-8-1 ATS, while Dallas is 3-9 ATS.
James has really been playing well over the last five games for Cleveland, averaging 32.4 points, 9.4 assists, 8.0 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Mavericks won the most recent matchup 104-97. The Mavericks’ 8.7 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a mark of 16.8.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Over
- The Cavaliers average 19.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Mavericks rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- Cleveland ranks 21st in blocks per game (4.1) while Dallas ranks 27th (3.6).
- Cleveland is 3-2 ATS on the road, while Dallas is 1-5 ATS at home.
- In 5 road games, the Cavaliers have 4 overs and 1 under.
- Of the Mavericks’ 6 home games, they have 3 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Cleveland is 2-0 and Dallas is 2-3.
- The Mavericks are 2-3 when they reach 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 5-5.
- The Mavericks rank 24th in rebounds per game (41.0) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (40.8).
- Dallas ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while Cleveland ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (33.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 10th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while the Mavericks rank last (34.5).
- Dallas ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (23.0) while Cleveland ranks 27th (26.6).
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 117.8 points per game (7.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 119.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average).