The Washington Wizards (4-9) welcome the Cleveland Cavaliers (2-11) to Capital One Arena. The Cavaliers are 11.5-point underdogs and look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards ATS Odds
The Cavaliers come in on a high note after comfortably covering the 4.5-point spread against the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, 113-89. The Wizards, meanwhile, defeated the Orlando Magic,117-109, resulting in a push. The Cleveland game went 10.5 points under the projected point total of 212.5, while the Washington game finished 5 points over the projected point total of 221.
The Cavaliers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0, had an extraordinary mark of 35.9 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.489). The Wizards, meanwhile, knocked down 24 of their 33 free throws (72.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 12.8). Washington’s John Wall had a good game, recording 25 points and 10 assists. Cleveland, meanwhile, was lifted by Tristan Thompson, who put up 11 points, 21 rebounds and five assists.
The Cavaliers held the advantage in this series last year, taking three out of four contests. In the most recent contest, Cleveland won 119-115. Cleveland did a great job of getting and making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Washington, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 14.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Matchups including the Cavaliers have a tendency to go under the total (58.3 percent). Cleveland comes into the contest with records of 2-11 straight up (SU) and 6-6 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Cleveland, games involving the Wizards tend to go over the projected point total (69.2 percent). Additionally, Washington owns records of 4-9 SU and 3-9-1 ATS.
Wall and Dwight Howard have played well over the last five games for Washington. Wall has averaged 23.2 points, 9.4 assists and 2.4 steals, while Howard has recorded 12.2 points and 9.6 rebounds a game during that span.
Washington does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.249), but Cleveland is among the best in the league at keeping opponents off the line (ranking fifth by allowing a FTA rate of 0.185). Moreover, the Cavaliers, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 percent), will go head-to-head against the Wizards, who rank 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.7 percent).
Cleveland Cavaliers at Washington Wizards Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Under
- The Wizards average 16.8 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Cavaliers rank 18th in fast break points allowed per game (15.1).
- Washington ranks second in blocks per game (6.5) while Cleveland ranks 27th (2.4).
- The Wizards rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (23.4).
- Cleveland averages 15.0 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Washington ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (16.4).
- Washington ranks 10th in steals per game (8.1) while Cleveland ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Cavaliers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while the Wizards rank 26th (48.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 14th in assists allowed per game (23.3) while the Wizards rank 28th (26.9).
- Washington ranks 16th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while Cleveland ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.6).
- Washington ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (20.5) while Cleveland ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.4).
- Washington is 1-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Cleveland is 1-2.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Cavaliers are 2-6 and the Wizards are 4-8.
- Cleveland is 5-1 ATS on the road, while Washington is 1-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Wizards’ 5 home games, while 4 of the Cavaliers’ 6 road games have gone under.
- The Wizards are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Washington has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Cleveland has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (8.5 below their season average).
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 7.2 for the season.