The Cleveland Cavaliers (2-5), 5-point underdogs, will travel to Capital One Arena to take on the Washington Wizards (2-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Cavaliers (6-point underdogs) were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 119-113, while the Wizards (3-point underdogs) fell to the Indiana Pacers, 121-106. The Cleveland game finished 15.5 points over the projected point total of 216.5, while the Washington game went 0.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5.
Cleveland held Boston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 20.2) while Washington had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 21.7). Thomas Bryant led the way for Washington, contributing 20 points and 11 rebounds. Tristan Thompson was a key piece for Cleveland with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the last game, the Wizards won 119-106. Washington’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Cleveland. The Wizards had a rate of 0.565 while the Cavaliers posted a mark of 0.438.
Cavaliers matchups have a tendency to finish over the total (57.1 percent). Cleveland comes into the game with records of 2-5 straight up (SU) and 3-2-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Cleveland, Wizards games have a tendency to go under the O/U total (57.1 percent). Although Washington has a difficult time winning games outright (2-5 SU), they have an excellent 5-2 record ATS.
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Wizards will look to push the more methodical Cavaliers. Dating back to last season, the Wizards rank seventh in possessions per game while the Cavaliers are 30th.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Washington Wizards ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Wizards average 49.5 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.3).
- Washington ranks fifth in assists per game (26.2) while Cleveland ranks 29th (20.8).
- The Wizards rank 11th in steals per game (8.2) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (6.5).
- Cleveland ranks 10th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8) while Washington ranks 25th (14.2).
- Washington ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Cleveland ranks 25th (5.7).
- The Wizards rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (14.2).
- The Wizards rank 14th in fast break points per game (13.9) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (10.6).
- Cleveland ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (44.2) while Washington ranks 28th (47.2).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 7-4 and Washington is 12-0.
- The Wizards are 31-48 when they score over 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 19-37.