The Phoenix Suns (17-60) welcome the Cleveland Cavaliers (19-58) to Talking Stick Resort Arena, where both teams will look to end their losing streaks. The Suns have lost six games in a row, while the Cavaliers are on a six-game skid. The game can be seen on NBATV at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, April 1, 2019.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last contest. The Suns (2.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Memphis Grizzlies, 120-115, while the Cavaliers (9-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Clippers, 132-108. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Phoenix game finished 14.5 points over the projected point total of 220.5, while the Cleveland game went 11.5 points over the projected point total of 228.5.
Cleveland did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (23-28; 82.1 percent) while Phoenix made 12 of their 28 three pointers (42.9 percent). Devin Booker fueled Phoenix with 48 points and 11 assists. Cleveland, meanwhile, received a boost from Cedi Osman, who finished with 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ante Zizic led the Cavaliers to a 111-98 victory. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 209 points, which was under the projected point total of 221.5, and Cleveland covered as a 1-point favorite. The Cavaliers’ 27.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Suns, who had a rate of 21.2.
Of the Cavaliers’ 77 games, 42 have finished over the total. Cleveland holds records of 19-58 straight up (SU) and 36-39-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Suns are involved, as 43 of their 77 games have gone under the O/U total. Further, Phoenix owns records of 17-60 SU and 34-43 ATS.
The Cavaliers’ Collin Sexton has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 22 points per game. Meanwhile, Booker has averaged 38 points,5.8 rebounds,5.4 assists,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Suns.
Cavaliers vs. Suns Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Suns rank 20th in assists per game (23.8) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (20.8).
- Phoenix ranks second in steals per game (9.0) while Cleveland ranks 28th (6.5).
- The Cavaliers rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (44.4) while the Suns rank 26th (46.8).
- Phoenix ranks 10th in fast break points per game (14.9) while Cleveland ranks 25th (10.6).
- Phoenix ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (49.3) while Cleveland ranks 26th (44.1).
- The Suns rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (14.2).
- The Suns rank 16th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (2.4).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (29.6) while Cleveland ranks 11th (31.3).
- Cleveland ranks 11th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9) while Phoenix ranks last (15.3).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 6-3 and Phoenix is 5-1.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Cavaliers are 17-31 and the Suns are 16-39.
- Cleveland is 17-19-2 ATS on the road, while Phoenix is 16-22 ATS at home.
- Of the Cavaliers’ 38 road games, they have 19 overs, 18 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Suns’ 38 home games, they have 23 unders and 15 overs.
- The Cavaliers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Cleveland has 4 overs and 1 under, while Phoenix has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 107.4 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 120.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 9.3 for the season.