The Philadelphia 76ers (6-3) will be 11-point favorites at home in the Wells Fargo Center when they challenge the Cleveland Cavaliers (4-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
In the Cavaliers’ last contest, they had no trouble getting past the New York Knicks, 108-87, despite being 2.5-point underdogs. The 76ers, meanwhile, beat the Charlotte Hornets,114-106, but were not able to cover as 14-point favorites. The Cleveland game went 18 points under the projected point total of 213, while the Philadelphia game went 6.5 points over the projected point total of 213.5.
Cleveland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.341 (above their season average of 0.202) and a turnover percentage of 12.8 (worse than their season average of 12.0). For those same stats, New York had marks of 0.186 and 17.8, respectively. The 76ers, on the other hand, held the Hornets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 23.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.516). Joel Embiid had a solid game for Philadelphia with 18 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Collin Sexton had a good outing for Cleveland, contributing 31 points.
The 76ers edged out the Cavaliers in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three contests. In the most recent contest, Philadelphia won 106-99. Converting at the free throw line was one of Philadelphia’s largest advantages. They were 14-17 (82.4 percent), while the Cavaliers were just 6-8 (75.0 percent).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total high when the Cavaliers are involved, as five of their nine contests have ended under the projected point total. Cleveland heads into the game with records of 4-5 straight up (SU) and 5-2-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Cleveland, 76ers games have typically finished over the total (55.6 percent). Additionally, Philadelphia is 6-3 SU and 6-3 ATS.
Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. Philadelphia ranks eighth in possessions per game (103.9) while Cleveland is 24th (99.0) dating back to last season.
Cavaliers at 76ers Free Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The 76ers rank first in three pointers allowed per game (30.2) while the Cavaliers rank 12th (31.7).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while Cleveland ranks 28th (14.4).
- The 76ers rank second in assists allowed per game (22.7) while the Cavaliers rank 20th (25.6).
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.3) while Cleveland ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.7) while Cleveland ranks 14th (44.3).
- The 76ers rank first in steals per game (7.5) while the Cavaliers rank 22nd (6.6).
- The 76ers average 49.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (50.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while Cleveland ranks 21st (12.9).
- Cleveland is 8-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 16-1.
- The 76ers are 63-27 when they score more than 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 21-37.