The NBA’s top scoring team will be at home in Fiserv Forum, when the Milwaukee Bucks (23-3) take on the Cleveland Cavaliers (6-19). Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Bucks (9-point underdogs) defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 127-114, while the Cavaliers (12-point underdog) beat the San Antonio Spurs 117-109. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Milwaukee game went 8.5 points over the projected point total of 232.5, while the Cleveland game went 7.5 points over the projected point total of 218.5.
The Cavaliers held the Spurs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 4.9 (below their season average of 22.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (above their season average of 0.495). Milwaukee, on the other hand, played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.196) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.563). For those same stats, Memphis was 0.184 and 0.490, respectively. Giannis Antetokounmpo had a good outing for Milwaukee with 37 points and 11 rebounds. Cleveland, meanwhile, was led by Kevin Love, who contributed 30 points and 17 rebounds.
The Bucks have won both contests against the Cavaliers this season. The two teams combined to score 229 points in their most recent game, which was just under the projected point total of 230. Milwaukee won 119-110 but was unable to cover as an 11.5-point favorite. Milwaukee’s 0.193 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Cleveland, who had a rate of 0.057. Antetokounmpo put up a double-double in the victory with 33 points and 12 rebounds.
Of the Cavaliers’ 25 games, 14 have finished under the O/U total. Cleveland holds records of 6-19 straight up (SU) and 10-13-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Cleveland, Bucks games have a slight tendency to go over the total (52.0 percent). Moreover, Milwaukee is 23-3 SU and 13-12 ATS.
The high-octane offense of Milwaukee (second in the league with an offensive efficiency of 113.2) will clash against the porous defense of Cleveland (28th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 112.6). The Bucks should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Cavaliers vs. Bucks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank seventh in assists per game (25.8) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (20.7).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.1) while Cleveland ranks 28th (52.2).
- The Bucks rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (14.0).
- Cleveland ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (31.8) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (38.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (51.7) while Cleveland ranks 20th (43.6).
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (8.5).
- The Bucks rank second in fast break points per game (18.6) while the Cavaliers rank 24th (11.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (10.4) while Cleveland ranks 14th (12.8).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Cleveland ranks last (7.2).
- Cleveland is 2-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 6-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 23-3 and the Cavaliers are 6-10.
- Milwaukee is 7-6 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 5-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 7 of the Bucks’ 13 home games, while 6 of the Cavaliers’ 12 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Milwaukee have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 122.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average).
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 9.8 for the season.